Dore & Whittier Architects Inc. has offices in Burlington, VT and Newburyport, MA and specializes in projects in the educational, public safety, and private commercial markets. For over 25 years our firm has been a leader in educational facility design with a strong focus on public K-12 schools. We are an award-winning comprehensive design firm consistently ranked in ENR’s Top 300 list and ENR’s Top 100 list of Green Design firms.
Our firm has over 50 talented, collaborative team members who foster close collaboration on projects at all levels. We pride ourselves in our commitment to designing facilities that inspire its users with functional, sustainable and cost-effective design. We are seeking to fill an integral Project Manager position.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program of Architecture, or acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-6 years of experience in architecture, including Project Management experience. Experience on Public Safety and Educational sectors preferred.
- LEED certification preferred
- Architectural registration desirable
- Excellent communications skills and a proactive, collaborative personality. The ability to speak comfortably and present to clients is imperative.
- Excellent writing skills; ability to produce narrative language for existing conditions assessments, feasibility studies, and similar documents
- Excellent organizational skills
- Familiarity with Massachusetts Public Bidding laws (Massachusetts MCPPO certification preferred)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the feasibility study process, supervising the creation of the existing conditions assessment and report, development of a schematic space analysis and conceptual floor plan, and serving as the primary author for narratives explaining the building program, design concepts, and systems
- Attend meetings; assist in preparing and making presentations, sometimes in a public setting
- Assist the project manager in matters of broad and finite project program development
- Monitor and participate in obtaining governmental approvals, attending meetings and supervising the project team in securing approvals such as site and conservation permitting, building and energy code permitting, utility company approvals, etc.
- Attend regularly scheduled site meetings during construction to monitor progress, review progress payment requests, etc.
- Work with the Project Manager/Project Architect / Job Captain to review requested changes to the contract sum and claims
- Participate with Business Development staff in potential project client meetings and interviews and in creation and review of marketing materials
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected to perform.